Shiv Puja / Rudra Abhishek
Description of Lord Shiva is found in the Vedas
In Rig-Veda Lord Shiva has also been introduced in the form of Creator, Sustainer and Destroyer.
The Vedic hymns and the Upnishads like the ‘Svetasvatara Upanishad’ in which he is described as the highest and Supreme Being. What we know about Shiva is much less than what we do not know. Many important concepts of Hinduisam, and several of its spiritual, ascetic, tantric and ritual traditions were derived from Shaivism.
The Shiva Purana contains over 22000 verses divided in to six Samhitas and 457 chapters and deals with important beliefs and practices of Shaivism.
Lord Shiva goes by many names and has many forms which include his pleasant and fierce forms. Shiva is also the most popular deity of Tantra and Shakta traditions.
The following are some reasons why Shiva is a popular Hindu deity and why he is venerated by millions of Hindu.
1) Lord Shiva is easily please.
2) Shiva is very unconventional.
3) Shiva is the lord of the body.
4) It is easy to worship Shiva.
5) Shiva makes your anger acceptable and tolerable.
6) Shiva is very good husband.
7) Shiva is a family person.
8) Shiva has immense powers.
9) Shiva is the lord of the animals.
10) Shiva gives you wisdom and knowledge.
God Shiva is master of truth, beauty and bliss. Worshiping Shiva is not only an object of outward form of Hindu-worship, but the greatest saint Acharya Shankar who perfectly realised within himself the true meaning of Indian worship of God Shiva, declared quite clearly in one of the hymns called ‘Nirvana Shatkam’ as follows:-
‘I am beyond all imaginations and forms, I do not obey any sense but all senses obey me; there is nothing without me, I am Shiva himself in the very shape of soul and joy.’
This is real description of Shiva, the worshippers who proceed in their way with this true acquaintance of the worshipped are surely blessed.
The Pujas I Perform
- Seemantonnayana (Rite to Establish Intelligence in the Embryo)
- Jatakarma (Thanksgiving for safe birth)
- Mundan (Shedding of natal hair)
- Upanayana (Investiture with Sacred Thread)
- Vivah (Marriage)
- Shri Satyanarayan Katha
- Shiv Pooja
- Ganesh Pooja
- Durga Pooja
- Shanti Havan
- Gayatri Havan
- Vastu Havan (Housewarming Ceremony)
- Tulsi Vivah
- Graha Shanti
- Mandap Muhurt
- Horoscope preparation
- Kaal-Sarp Dosh Pooja
Call me if you need advice on any of the above
Choosing a Priest suitable to your individual needs requires a careful consideration. Why not give me a call for a free informal chat or to plan your perfect wedding day? Please call on: 07896566319 / 01293521142